H by Hudson Horrigan booties
I found the perfect neutral booties. In keeping with my Wardrobe Editing Lessons Learned, it took a little time. First I saved photos of booties I liked and studied recurring themes (which kept me away from too-western, $650 Isabel Marant Dickers). I noticed favorite pairs had:
- Almond toe and uncomplicated design
- Low, stacked heel
- Worn-around-the-world, broken in slouch
- Little or no embellishment
- A buckskin tone (which matches black and navy, and can carry into lighter spring months)
Then I matched aesthetics with ethics. A London-based shoemaker, H by Hudson, fit both handsomely. Their Horrigan booties are made in Portugal and are belted in a warm cognac leather. The straps are removable, which will also save me from ever thinking I “need” a simpler pair for work. Four months later, I still slide them on every other morning.
Shop them on sale here:
Review and Tips:
- I usually wear an EU 38 (US 8) bootie and in “Horrigan” an EU 39 (US 9) fits perfectly.
- Sizing: These booties run one size small, and need a couple of wears to soften up. I usually wear an EU 38 (US 8) bootie and in “Horrigan” an EU 39 (US 9) fits perfectly.
Update: I love these boots so much that I now have them in tan, brown, and black. And after two winters and a resoling on the first pair, I’m still wearing them everywhere – excellent quality and super comfortable.
Pingback: Lou & Grey – Rose & Fig Blog